Saturday, October 13, 2007

It's a Blue Dog Day!


It's a Blue Dog Day! (I don't know why; but just reading that makes me hum a little song that the Brady Bunch used to sing. Do you remember it too?!?!)

Actually, it's a Blue Dog Day because I just received a new shipment from Rachelle Currie. Rachelle lives in the mountains of North Carolina, and she's become widely known for her series of "Blue Dog" prints. These pieces are so whimsical, and in each she manages to capture the personality of many dogs, regardless of their breed. (Coco's laying by my feet right now, and she totally agrees.) Rachelle also does a beautiful job of framing these pieces in a distressed barnwood, and they show incredibly well as a collection.

I hope that you enjoy this peak at Rachelle's work. If your in the area, please visit Artist Alley to enjoy the full collection. If not, a selection of her work is also available for your viewing pleasure in our online store .

No comments: