Thursday, September 13, 2007

Grasshopper


This little fellow has been making appearances here at Artist Alley for the past week. Last Saturday, Alan first encountered him while watering the flowers. Evidently he received a bit of water too, and he was quite surprised by it.

Then, on Tuesday, when I was putting the lawn art outside, I realized that he had taken up overnight residence on a garden stake. Gently, I returned him to the plants in front of The Alley.

Yesterday morning, I was deadheading flowers and removing brown leaves, when I noticed that he had come along for the ride on one of them. Again, I returned him to the relative safety of the planter.

And finally last night he appeared at the middle of the metal stand that Emily Whittle uses to display her prints. He was perched at the top of it, clinging to the wire. One more time, I returned him to his home. I took a picture, and I haven't seen him since. Maybe tomorrow...

According to Wikpedia, "Grasshopper is a term used nowadays somewhat in jest referencing an inexperienced person who 'has much to learn'. " Is the universe trying to tell me something?

No comments: