Saturday, February 2, 2008

First Friday Photos

This month has been filled with a variety of exciting changes here at Artist Alley. We've added new artists, and the artists who you've come to know and love have been creating like crazy since the chaos of the holidays. We've also installed a new lighting system, and our artwork looks amazing as a result. I'll provide you with more specifics and lots of photos sometime soon.

Last night was our First Friday Opening. In honor of Valentine's Day, we celebrated the Art of Jewelry, and a good time was had by all. I always mean to take lots of photos during these events. I plan for it; I bring my camera; And I place the camera on the counter so that I won't forget my mission. At 5:00 I give myself a pep-talk to remind myself that I'll be taking lots of photos. Then, I blink, and it's 9:30. Ahhh... my intentions are always good!

This month was no exception for me. Fortunately, however, thanks to the kindness of Al and Annette Daniels, I do have one lovely photo to share with you from last night's event. Hopefully you'll be able to join the fun in person next month when we'll be kicking-off "March Metal Madness" with an opening featuring Angela Cummings Thompson.

Yes, a picture is worth a thousand words; but being here in person is priceless!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Jean! Love the picture! I not only throughly enjoyed myself that night, but also the treasures I found. I hope to see you soon. Your store is my fav in this town...and not just because my brilliant Penny's candles!

Stacey Arrowood