Monday, July 30, 2007

Glass Beadmaking by Debbie Keen




Well, at least the shock has worn off from last week's drama here at Artist Alley. Thank you for all of your kind expressions of support.

I did have a wonderful time in the mountains last week, and one of the highlights for me was a first-hand demonstration of lampwork bead creation by Debbie Keen. The photos shown here capture a bit of the action as Debbie works on new pieces in "The Keen Collection". When you view her jewelry in person, the detail of each bead is absolutely amazing, and now I have a better understanding of how she creates that magic.

If you'd like an up-close look at Debbie's work, I just restocked her inventory at Artist Alley. This collection will have a limited run here, as it will be only be on display through August 23rd. The majority of her new inventory will then move on for a two week period of traveling shows. Shop early, and in person, if you have the chance!

For my online friends, you can also view a selection of Debbie's creations at http://www.artistalley.etsy.com/ . (This is our new online store!) When you reach the website, please click on "Lampwork Bead Creations" in the right column to reach her work. If you have time, also be sure to browse the limited selection of other Artist Alley creations in the store.

More North Carolina Artwork will be posted soon. I add a few new items every day, and I hope to have the store fully stocked in time for holiday shopping.

I think I can... I think I can...

No comments: