Saturday, October 16, 2010

New North Carolina Pottery Has Arrived!!!

It was like Christmas at Artist Alley this afternoon, as I just finished unpacking the most delightful shipment of North Carolina Pottery from Suzanne Rehbock of Flying Pig Pottery!

I've been a fan of Suzanne's work since the day that I met her. I describe her pottery as being functional and artistic. Today she explained to me that she's been calling it "Functional Contemporary". In either case, it's textural, creative, and her glazes are unlike any that I've ever seen. Several pieces are already calling my name. I'd promise to show restraint; but I've never been very good at it! Be sure to visit early for the best selection!





All of Suzanne's pieces are dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe. And my pottery trivia for the day...when baking with your pottery pieces, you should place the filled dish in a cool oven. Then allow it to come to temperature with the oven. Placing pottery into a preheated oven can cause stress, and nobody needs extra stress in their life! :-)

No comments: