Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy Feet! Shoes, Jackets, and More by Roberta Morgan




"Happy Feet". Yes...I know it's a movie; but I'm referring instead to how happy my feet are in my new pair of shoes. These aren't just any shoes; but a pair of one-of-a-kind Roberta Morgan handpainted shoes.

Roberta is a current finalist in the 2007 Simplicity/Threads Magazine creativity contest. In 2006, she won first place in the American Sewing Guild Creativity Contest and first place for the Road to California Quilt Show for Wearable Art. She's been creating for years, and her lists of accolades goes on and on. If this isn't enough, she's a really warm and friendly person too.

I met Roberta several months ago at a meeting of the Carolina Mixed Media Art Guild. We sat across from each other, and during the meeting, I became obsessed with her fabulous painted train case and matching shoes. By the end of the evening, I was practically drooling!

Shortly thereafter, Roberta very graciously agreed to offer her work for sale through Artist Alley. We have a selection of her original shoes, handbags, train cases, decorative boxes, mirrors, jackets, belts, and denim skirts. If we don't have your exact size or style in stock, Roberta welcomes special orders.

She'd love to customize one of your own personal favorites today. It's what she did for me, and my feet and I highly recommend it!

No comments: